- Department Service: Occupational Health Services
- Department Main Phone Number: Biddeford (207) 283-7600; Sanford 490-7099
- Department Fax Number: Biddeford (207) 283-7606; Sanford 490-7029
- Service Days & Hours of Operation: Two locations, Biddeford and Sanford
- Description of Service: Southern Maine Health Care's WorkWell program offers comprehensive occupational health services which focus on the importance of preventing injuries through worksite safety, diagnosing and treating injuries, and getting your employees back to work sooner. Among WorkWell's offerings are Pre-Employment Services, Prevention and Education Programs and Injury Management Services. SMHC's WorkWell Program is located on the 2nd floor of the main hospital building at 1 Medical Center Drive. WorkWell clients should park in the patient parking section near the main entrance of SMHC. Once inside of the hospital main entrance, clients should proceed to the hospital elevator and select the 2nd floor, where they will find the WorkWell Department just to the left after they exit the elevator.
1 Medical Center Drive Biddeford, ME 04005 p-207-283-7600 f-207-283-7606
13 July Street Sanford, ME 04073 p-207-490-7099 f-207-490-7029
- Scheduling Telephone Number: 207-283-7600 and 207-490-7099
- Days & Hours to Schedule Appointments/Procedures: Biddeford 7:30-4:30 Monday through Friday
- Pre-Procedure/Test - Patient Preps: Injury Care Physical abilities test or physical capacity test/lift test may be performed which will include lifting, pushing, pulling and possibly other activities, so please wear comfortable clothes and closed toe shoes. Physical exams - you may be asked to undress (underwear on) and put on an examination gown. A General Exam consists of: An evaluation of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, neck, heart and lungs; Abdomen for a hernia check; Spine and extremities for range of motion.
- Accreditations/Unique Aspects: Providers will have completed the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners course by May 2014. Performs substance abuse monitoring/testing for client companies Medical Review Office (MRO) Services
- Additional Information: Surveillance Programs: Respirator Medical Clearances and Audiometric Testing
Sanford: 7:30-5:00 Monday through Friday