Dec 2015 - Oct 2015
More than $29 million in benefits provided locally in 2012
Southern Maine Medical Center’s (SMMC) 2012-2013 Annual Report to the Community highlights the award winning care it provides through the medical center and SMHC Physicians services. In 2012, SMHC provided more than $29 million in benefits locally through innovative health and wellness programs and by ensuring the very best in medical care for those unable to pay their medical bills.
In his opening letter, President and CEO Ed McGeachey notes the dramatic changes taking place in how health care is being delivered nationally and locally and emphasizes that SMHC is “focused on staying ahead of the curve in shaping our services to ensure the highest quality of care.”
The theme of the report - Where Excellence Happens – highlights key achievements for the year. Including:
• SMMC’s pending merger with Goodall Hospital and how by combining strengths the new organization, Southern Maine Health Care, will ensure a healthier future for York County.
• SMMC’s Pathway to Excellence designation – one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation to earn this recognition.
• SMMC’s ‘A’ rating for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group.
• SMHC Physicians Cardiology group receiving top national ratings for the exceptional care they provide.
• SMMC’s new Walk-In Care center which opened in 2012.
• SMMC’s new In-Room Dining program which launched in 2012.
To read the report click here, or contact SMHC’s Community Relations department at (207) 283.7234 to request a paper copy.
About Southern Maine Medical Center
Southern Maine Medical Center (SMMC) is a national award-winning healthcare system, including a 150-bed acute care medical center in Biddeford, Maine, offering excellent clinical care and a multi-specialty physician services group with medical offices providing outpatient care located in Biddeford, Kennebunk, Old Orchard Beach and Saco. Non-emergency care is available without an appointment seven days a week at SMHC’s Walk-In Care center in Saco. SMHC is Joint Commission accredited, Pathway to Excellence designated, state-licensed, and is a member of Southern Maine Medical Center and the MaineHealth system. To learn more visit www.smmc.org or @SMMCHealth.